Contactless and automated measurement of body temperature to secure access areas and working premises
Companies and institutions are aming to provide the best possible protection against infection for employees and public traffic. An important element is the automated and contactless detection of elevated body temperature. Filtering potentially ill persons with increased frontal temperature before entering a building increases safety enormously. People with elevated body temperature should generally not stay in business premises. The German Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs recommends in the “Instructions for action in suspected cases” (SARS-CoV-2 Occupational Safety Standard, 04/2020) contactless fever measurement as a suitable measure for rapid clarification.
The HEATDEC temperature measurement system with its automated, contactless temperature evaluation enables simple detection with excellent result quality as a basis for targeted and rapid initiation of further measures. The temperature distribution in the facial area is measured contactlessly by means of a thermal imaging camera and the result is shown directly on a display via the HEATDEC-Vision software.
The technology used was developed with a focus on scientific criteria in order to achieve a high degree of measurement reliability independent of external influences. This intelligent system includes environmental factors and fluctuations specific to the time of day in the evaluation. At the same time rights of persons are protected: no facial recognition or data storage takes place.
Properties of measuring system HEATDEC
- Preconfigured measuring system – ready to use
- Fully automated measurement
- Approx. 1.000 measurements per hour are possible
- Live thermal image with visual temperature output
- Easy to understand sound and color signals (optional)
- Each measurement situation is specified: typical scenarios available as templates
- Limit value and feedback text can be defined individually
- Environmentally and time-of-day dependent parameters configurable
- Intelligent evaluation: measurement process is taken into account during evaluation
- Stand-alone unit (230 V connection)
- Windows compatible
- Languages: German and English
- Delivery and commissioning on request
- No face recognition – protection of personal rights according to DSGVO
- Suitable for checking the absence of symptoms in accordance with the general ruling of the state of NRW “Corona AVPflege”
- Suitable for implementing the instructions for action in suspected cases (SARS-CoV-2 occupational safety standard)
Particularly in the access areas of factory premises, public spaces or care facilities such as retirement homes and homes for the elderly, a reliable statement about the body temperature of persons is relevant to safety. The measuring system evaluates the temperature distribution of a face and thus provides fast and reliable feedback. Depending on the result, additional measures can be switched via a relay. The system outputs the result via a display and acknowledges it – if desired – with a color and sound signal. The application scenarios and the resulting measures are manifold. Therefore, among other things, the limit value and feedback text are freely configurable.
Extendable complete solution
- Extensions via relay circuit possible
- Web service possible
- Can be firmly fixed to the floor with screws
- Sanitary cleaning thanks to stainless steel housing
- Delivery and initialization on request
- Data sheet HEATDEC-Pro (PDF)
- Technical data HEATDEC-Pro (PDF)
- BMAS: SARS-CoV-2-Arbeitsschutzstandard (PDF)
The supplied HEATDEC-Vision software is compatible with Windows devices. During the measuring process, the software displays live the thermal image of the current measurement as well as a scale for interpretation of the image. A simple temperature measurement via averaging or maximum values is not sufficient to reliably detect persons with an elevated body temperature. The measuring system therefore evaluates the entire temperature distribution of a face and thus provides fast and reliable feedback. The technology used was developed with a focus on scientific criteria in order to achieve a high degree of measurement reliability independent of external influences. This intelligent system includes environmental factors and fluctuations specific to the time of day in the evaluation. Various parameters can be configured. The software is available in German and English.
Further information or a personal consultation appointment can be obtained from email@example.com